Kuando™ Busylight is a communication tool that automatically synchronizes with your unified communications platform.
It is a Do not disturb light indicator that automatically signals your status availability on Skype, Lync, Cisco Jabber and more.
Apart from being a Lync / Skype status light, it also serves as a call alert light and speaker - eliminating the risk of missing a call.
The Kuando™ Busylight provides 3 main functions:
- It rings and flashes on incoming calls, preventing missed calls.
- The free Busylight software provides fast dial out/answer call hot key functions.
- The indicator light provides a visual presence in the open office environment preventing unwanted interruptions. The Busylight syncronices with Skype for business and Lync avoiding interruptions while on a call / busy. Red light means Busy, Pulsing Red: Busy in a call, Blue, Purple or Pink: Do Not Disturb, Green: Available and Yellow: Away/Inactive
Do not disturb light
It is estimated that 70% of U.S. offices have some type of open floor plan. With the open workspace comes noise, unnecessary interruptions and difficulty concentrating. Distractions and colleagues interrupting often become a daily experience for many employees which causes inefficiency and frustration.
Busylight is a busy indicator light that clearly signals your status availability to colleagues. Whether you are busy in-a-call, doing an online presentation or just need some time to concentrate Busylight will help you. If connected to the company’s unified communications platform (Skype, Lync, Cisco Jabber etc.), the do not disturb light will change automatically with your Skype for Business or Lync status.
Speaker and light flash when phone rings
When companies are moving away from desk phones to a softphone environment, some basic functions are lost – in particular, a reliable ringer. This is because some PCs have no speakers or they are muted and the headset is on the desk – unable to be heard.
The Kuando™ Busylight is integrated with the softphones system and rings and flashes on incoming calls/IMs. This way you will be able to clearly hear the call and distinguish it in the open office environment.
Corporate IT Policy requirement: Ensure that all Softphone-Users hear incoming calls
It is not possible to provide a Standard configuration Softphone-incoming call alert-indication with existing IT hardware set up that works by default due to diversity of IT equipment/PCs, audio settings, and locations.
- Kuando™ Busylight UC WORKS BY DEFAULT on every machine and anywhere in the organization
- Operates independently - not requiring IT support services or audio setting changes
- Supports all PC/Laptop/Thin client despite any audio setting/muted sounds/future upgrades of hardware and software
- Mass deployment .msi – Group policy settings
Boosts user adoption of softphones
- User's willingness and ability to adopt SkypefB/Lync and Jabber is a major factor affecting the benefits of softphones.
- Busylight makes users feel comfortable with SkypefB/Lync and Jabber's features and eases the transition from PBX to softphones.
The Skype for Business/Lync and Jabber business case is improved by a faster adoption and a reduced playback period.
What customers say about the Kuando™ Busylight
Marek Bak - AT&T
I love the functionality of the light. I had to train my co-workers for the first week, but now they know not to disturb me when the light is red. Since I do collaborate with my peers often, it’s easy to see incoming call from a distance. It’s a very useful tool to keep the productivity up. I like the minimalist/sleek design.
Matt, INTRUST IT
I love the usefulness of the Busylight. I have them both at the office and my home office. The fact I can use quick call (Ctrl + F8), is absolutely amazing. I also like the fact that Busylight detects (via my BT headset) when I’m also talking on my cell phone and will change my status.
Paul Barr, DIMENSION DATA
This device is great for the open plan office. At a glance you can see if someone is available and listening to music or actually on a call. Would be great in a contact centre environment.
Tory, TUNDRA OIL & GAS
I am a fan of our busylights. Our IT group uses them and it makes it a lot easier for users dropping in to see who is in a call or busy based on the colour of the light attached to our work areas. Keeps distraction down and keeps users aware that we are already busy!
Ray Fleming, MICROSOFT
Good for open plan offices, or the kind of office where you’re always being interrupted. You can set your status to Busy, and get everybody to leave you uninterrupted.
Jack, IBT INTEGRATED BUSINESS TECHNOLOGIES
I love the busy light because I no longer have to worry about saying something inappropriate to a co-worker when they're on the phone with a client. I now know when they're in a call and when I can talk and when I need to shut up! Thanks Kuando!
Yasser, UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH
I like it very much; I know the status of my colleagues before contacting them by just looking to their status color.
Kris, FORTESCUE METALS GROUP
I introduced the Busylights to the team I manage – the IT Service Desk – it immediately increased visibility of who was available. Not only to myself, but more importantly to business users. This helps increase our company presence and makes us more approachable.
Ira, CEVA LOGISTICS LLC
I love the Busylight in our warehouse environment. It can be very loud out here at times and the Busylight allows us to see if someone is on a call, or away from their desk at a glance.
Features & specifications
The Kuando™ Busylight UC Alpha
- Built in speaker
- 8 different ringtones. These include traditional telephone ringtones as well as melodies tailored for the office.
- Speaker and ringtones are built into the device to avoid conflicts with the PC’s audio settings.
- Powered via USB data cable (9 foot long). No need for external power supply.
- Roughly 4.5 x 0.5 inches – 10,5 x 1,6 cm.
Flexible mounting & design
- Flexible, 180° rotating mounting system attaches conveniently on different surfaces. Incl. click on/off magnetic solution for laptop (bring it with you).
Plug and Play Ringer/indicator for softphones
- Rings & flashes on incoming calls/IMs
- Missed calls indicator
Multi colored lights
- Lights up your availability
- Multicolor LED light
- Supports the colors of Microsoft Lync/SfB and Cisco Jabber along with extra function-specific colors.
- The small light cap is visible from a long distance – discreet and polite.
Easy control & handling from IT
- Easy download and installation of software
- Easy mass deployment through Group Policy .msi file for installation.
- Fixed settings possible to ensure uniform status indication
- Software is Qualified for Lync by Microsoft.
- SDK; Develop your own software solutions for Busylight
General System Requirements – Busylight UC Software
The Busylight software comes in two editions, one for Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business and one for Cisco Jabber.
Please ensure you get the release that matches your software.
- Disk usage: 20Mb
- RAM: 256Mb
Compatible softphone clients:
- Microsft Lync 2010, 2013
- Skype for Business 2015, 2016
- Cisco Jabber 11 or higher
- Windows XP SP3 to Windows 10
- 32 and 64-bit systems
- Dependent .Net framework:
Microsoft Lync/SfB requires: Microsoft .Net 3.5
Cisco Jabber requires: Microsoft .Net 4.5.2 Client Profile
We have developed compatible software for:
- Microsoft Lync & Skype for Business
- Cisco Jabber
3rd party partners have made busylight compatible with:
- ProCall Enterprise
- XPhone Unified Communications
- Swyx Softphone
- Go Integrator
- Go Connect
- Samsung Xchange