The Kuando™ Busylight provides 4 main advantages:
Prevents missed calls: Rings and flashes on incoming calls*
Prevents unwanted interruptions: Visual status indicator in an open office environment
Supports the transition from desk phones to softphones
Works with many UC Platforms
Speaker and light flash when phone rings
When companies are moving away from desk phones to a softphone environment, some basic functions are lost – in particular, a reliable ringer. The Kuando™ Busylight is integrated with the softphone's system and rings and flashes on incoming calls/IMs*. This way you will be able to clearly hear the call and distinguish it in the open office environment.
Do not disturb light
The downside of the modern open workspace can be noise, unnecessary interruptions and difficulty concentrating. This causes inefficiency and frustration. The Busylight indicator provides a clear visual presence in the open office environment and signals your availability to colleagues, preventing unwanted interruptions. If connected to the company’s unified communications platform, for example Teams, Skype4B, Lync, Cisco Jabber etc, the do not disturb light will change automatically with your status. Red light = Busy, Pulsing Red = Busy in a call, Blue = Alerts, Purple or Pink = Do Not Disturb, Green = Available and Yellow= Away/Inactive.
Boosts user adoption to softphones
User's willingness and ability to adopt to UC platforms is a major factor limiting the benefits of softphones. The Busylight Alpha makes users more comfortable and eases the transition from PBX to softphones. Additionally, the free Busylight software provides fast dial out and answer/hangup call hot key functions. The UC platform migration business case is improved by having a faster adoption and a reduced payback period.
Works with your hardware
IT equipment, audio settings and locations often differ on every workplace in open offices. The Kuando™ Busylight UC Alpha offers a standard configuration for call alerts and works by default with your existing equipment - independent of the PC, laptop or thin client and despite future hardware and software updates. The Busylight is low maintainance - not requiring IT support services or audio setting changes. The mass deployment .msi supports group policy settings.
What customers say about the Kuando™ Busylight
Paul Barr, DIMENSION DATA
This device is great for the open plan office. At a glance you can see if someone is available and listening to music or actually on a call. Would be great in a contact centre environment.
Tory, TUNDRA OIL & GAS
I am a fan of our busylights. Our IT group uses them and it makes it a lot easier for users dropping in to see who is in a call or busy based on the colour of the light attached to our work areas. Keeps distraction down and keeps users aware that we are already busy!
Ray Fleming, MICROSOFT
Good for open plan offices, or the kind of office where you’re always being interrupted. You can set your status to Busy, and get everybody to leave you uninterrupted.
Jack, IBT INTEGRATED BUSINESS TECHNOLOGIES
I love the busy light because I no longer have to worry about saying something inappropriate to a co-worker when they're on the phone with a client. I now know when they're in a call and when I can talk and when I need to shut up! Thanks Kuando! .
Features & specifications
The Kuando™ Busylight UC Alpha
- Built in speaker
- 8 different ringtones. These include traditional telephone ringtones as well as melodies tailored for the office.
- Speaker and ringtones are built into the device to avoid conflicts with the PC’s audio settings.
- Powered via USB data cable (9 foot long). No need for external power supply.
- Roughly 4.5 x 0.5 inches – 10,5 x 1,6 cm.
Flexible mounting & design
- Flexible, 180° rotating mounting system attaches conveniently on different surfaces. Incl. click on/off magnetic solution for laptop (bring it with you).
Plug and Play Ringer/indicator for softphones
- Rings & flashes on incoming calls/IMs*
- Missed calls indicator*
Multi colored lights
- Lights up your availability
- Multicolor LED light
- Supports the colors of your UC Platform along with extra function-specific colors.
- The small light cap is visible from a long distance – discreet and polite.
Easy control & handling from IT
- Easy download and installation of software
- Easy mass deployment through Group Policy .msi file for installation.
- Fixed settings possible to ensure uniform status indication
- Software is Qualified for Lync by Microsoft.
- SDK; Develop your own software solutions for Busylight
General System Requirements – Busylight UC Software
- Windows XP SP3 to Windows 10
- 32 and 64-bit systems
The Busylight software is available for many UC Platforms including:
- Microsft Teams
- Microsft Lync
- Microsoft Skype for Business
- Cisco Jabber 11 or higher
- Avaya Equinox
- Avaya One X
- Manual Busylight Color Changer App
3rd party partners have made busylight compatible with:
- Bridge Communications
- Go Connect
- Go Integrator
- JoHeR VOP
- Panopto - Matrox / Seneca Data / Shuttle
- Mitel Phone Manager
- ProCall Enterprise
- Planet33 for Swyx
- Saab TactiCall
- Siemens Unify Circuit by Atos
- Starface Comfortphoning
- Swyx Softphone
- Unexus Connect
- XPhone Connect
- Xphone Unified Communications