The Kuando™ Busylight integrates with Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business/Lync, Cisco Jabber, RingCentral, Avaya, 3CX, Zoom and many more to provide a visual indicator of your presence status. As a status light the Kuando™ Busylight will automatically change its colors according to your online status, signalling to colleagues if you are busy, on a call etc.
The Kuando™ Busylight provides 3 main functions:
- The light provides an extra visibility of your online presence in the Modern open office workspace, preventing unwanted interruptions. Red light means Busy, Pulsing Red: Busy in a call, Blue: Alerts, Purple or Pink: Do Not Disturb, Green: Available and Yellow: Away/Inactive.
- It rings and flashes on incoming calls, making it a reliable ringer for softphones and preventing missed calls*.
- The free Busylight software provides hot key functions for easy call handling.
Avoid interruptions at work – increase productivity
Open office environments are causing more interruptions which frustrates employees and makes them more ineffective and inefficient. In fact, two out of three employees feel that their co-workers interrupt too much. Kuando™ Busylights ‘Do not disturb light’ provide a visible indication of your real-time online status in the office.
- Reclaim control over your availability - fewer interruptions by co-workers.
- Be more productive
- Less stressful
- Avoid errors from distractions
A Reliable Ringer*
When companies are moving away from desk phones to a softphone environment, some basic functions are lost – in particular, a reliable ringer.
Kuando™ Busylight UC Omega:
- RINGS and/or flashes on incoming calls/IMs – ensures fewer missed calls.
- Visible notification on missed calls/IMs
- Makes it easy to answer and hang up calls and quickly dial numbers
Corporate IT Policy requirement: Ensure that all Softphone-Users hear incoming calls
It is not possible to provide a Standard configuration for incoming call alert on softphones that works across all existing IT hardware set ups due to diversity of IT equipment/PCs, audio settings, and locations.
- Kuando™ Busylight UC WORKS BY DEFAULT on every machine and anywhere in the organization
- Operates independently - not requiring IT support services or audio setting changes
- Supports most all PC/Laptop/Thin client despite any audio settings, muted sounds or future upgrades of hardware and software
- Mass deployment is easily done with .msi – Group policy settings
Boosts user adoption of softphones
- User's willingness and ability to adopt a new UC Platform is a major factor affecting the benefits of softphones.
- Busylight makes users feel comfortable and eases the transition from PBX to softphones.
The UC platform business case is improved by a faster adoption and a reduced payback period.
What customers say about the Kuando™ Busylight
After we got implemented Busylight in our four departments with 20 employees, it has made our working much easier. We are not disturbed in conversations when we talk in Skype for Business, and can keep the concentration by the customer.
Thijs Verbeke, SAVACO
We use busylight as a notification for our support coordinator when he qualifies calls. Busylight is on top of the workspace and other users can see when we are calling in skype for business. It is a superb integrator with skype for business.
Michael, DEIF A/S
Super cool visual busy indicator letting my colleagues see when I am busy lowering their voice and not initiating contact!
Jan Jaap, UNIVERSITY OF TWENTE
The busylight enables us to work with less interference since colleagues can easily see if someone’s busy or not. This makes us have more focus on our work and is a great solution in any situation where you have more than one person in a room.
Nikhil Naiksatam, NORDEA BANK
This is a really nice product which helps people to know whether you are approachable saving a lot of efforts. Love this product.
Very nice tool, it is very useful to show my colleagues my availability in our open space!
Mike, TEESSIDE UNIVERSITY
Really like the BusyLight. We are planning to roll them out to every lecture theatre/teaching room in the near future and are using them in conjunction with our Lecture Capture system as an indicator to the recording state. They are quick to install, simple, unobtrusive and stylish.
We implemented Busylight throughout the office. I love the audio and visual alerts that make me aware I have received a Skype message. In my home office, my family relies on the light to let them know when I am on a call. This helps me to have more professional sounding calls because background noise and interruptions are reduced.
Loriann Wuchner, BOURGAULT INDUSTRIES LTD
I really Busylight because I can be on my headset all day and people know without disturbing me if I’m tied up on the phone or in a webex. It saves a lot of confusion.
Chuck Anzalone, DELPHI - TROY HEADQUARTERS
Experience has been excellent. Due to my desk orientation, my team and desk visitors could not tell that I was on the phone prior to Busylight. Now when someone approaches they can quickly see that I am involved in a phone meeting/conference. Others who have observed this tool saw the value and have or will purchase a busylight. Great product.
Jenny, MCCC GP TRAINING
Working in a glass front office, Busylight has stopped me having to play charades with my colleagues, to explain I'm on the phone with our hands free system.
Thomas Schnegelsberg, MICROSOFT DENMARK
The reason why Microsoft has deployed Busylight in our new office building is because we are sitting in open office space, and we need to help our employees reduce the interruptions they experience every single day at work. It helps people respect each other’s time.
Features & Specifications
The Kuando™ Busylight UC Omega
- Built-in speaker
- Memory chip with 8 ringtones & IM tone
- USB connected (HID device) - 9 foot/ 3 meter cord
- Roughly 1.5 x 1.5 inches – 3,8 x 3,8 cm.
Flexible mounting & design
- Mounting with adhesive tape for attachment to monitor, cubicle, door etc.
- Optional magnetic mount available.
- Magnets provide flexible click on/off mounting
Tailor-made ringer for softphones and the open office/cubicles*
- Rings & flashes on incoming calls/IMs
- Missed call indicator
- Lights up and displays your availability
- Multicolor LED light
- The light is large and fits perfectly on a cube wall or monitor. It is very easy to spot.
Easy control & handling from IT
- Download software
- .msi – group policy – mass deploy
- Easy to control via Reg Keys
- SDK; Develop your own software solutions for Busylight
General System Requirements – Busylight UC Software
- Windows XP SP3 to Windows 10
- 32 and 64-bit systems
The Busylight software is available for many UC Platforms including
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Skype for Business
- Microsoft Lync
- Cisco Jabber 11 or higher
- Avaya Equinox
- Avaya One-X
- Manual Busylight Color Changer App
3rd party partners have made busylight compatible with:
- Bridge Communications
- Go Connect
- Go Integrator
- JoHeR VOP
- Panopto - Matrox / Seneca Data / Shuttle
- Mitel Phone Manager
- ProCall Enterprise
- Planet33 for Swyx
- Saab TactiCall
- Siemens Unify Circuit by Atos
- Starface Comfortphoning
- Swyx Softphone
- Unexus Connect
- XPhone Connect
- Xphone Unified Communications